Saturday, March 24, 2007

Laura Lippman

Every writer wants to think that they've improved with each book, yet we all know that so many don't. I've been reading Lippman for a number of years and while I liked her early books, I didn't drop everything to read them. When she branched out away from her series, I found a new Lippman - one that I wanted to drop everything for and read.

It wasn't that I didn't like her Tess Monaghan series, because I did, but the fact is that each book was getting better than the one that preceded it. And that included her series, and the most recent Monaghan book, No Good Deeds, (just out in paperback) was excellent.

Her latest book is a thriller that has been earning accolades everywhere, from the Washington Post to a starred review from Publisher's Weekly. The latest achievement of this author who has won numerous awards from the Edgar to the Shamus and many others? I am happy to report that What the Dead Know will debut on the New York Times Bestseller List tomorrow in a starred 11th spot, which means it's tied with the 10th place book by Mitch Albom. Congratulations, Laura. I am so thrilled for you! Read all about Laura's reaction here:

http://www.journalscape.com/LauraLippman/2007-03-21-17:33

No comments:

Search This Blog